Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dixie Classic Gun Show


There’s NOTHING quite like a Gun Show to get the juices flowing! A WHAT you say?!? Yes, you heard me right… a Gun Show! Here in Raleigh, NC, we are fortunate to have the facilities to host The Dixie Classic Knife and Gun show twice a year. And, this weekend was the first of the year. As usual, the parking lots were overflowing with gun enthusiasts from all walks of the life and socio economic backgrounds. Though I’ve been to my share, I still find myself surprised at the people who attend these shows (No doubt, someone could possibly say the same of me and my husband). Anyway, on to the good stuff… As with many shows over the years, the selection of firearms and accessories continues to grow in selection and variety that seems to be orchestrated by master marketers. For
example, what would an antique firearms collector, a 21 year old young man, a retired FBI agent, hunter, or beginning/seasoned prepper (you know who you are!), just to name a few… have in common, or more specifically, find at one of these shows? Simple! Most anything they are, or are NOT, looking for… and at a reasonable price. Which reminds me… don’t forget to haggle a bit… especially when looking at accessories. While you may be tempted to wait until the last day to better your odds of securing a “Great Deal,” the truth of the matter is… most venders want their wares gone “yesterday,” so to speak, so haggle away, but please, keep it within reason.  Also, do your homework! If you’re looking for a specific item, be sure to understand features, availability, quality, and price so you’ll know a great deal be it the original product or alternative.


Of course, it’s always good to have a plan before attending one of these shows. For example, my husband and I were going to look at three specific CC handguns for me to consider as well as a tactical sling bag for me, an IWB and OWB CC holster for my husband, and 27 round clip for his Glock 30SF. In addition, my husband came upon a deal in the form of a very nice “Oil Poly Cotton Outback Style Hat with Shapeable Brim,” as pictured below. The hat was $35, but he managed to haggle the merchant down to $25. J  We checked the price for the exact same hat online and they were selling for $35, so we did indeed get a great deal. BTW, the $25 included all taxes! The hat seems a bit too lite as there was too much flash. The color is a darker and richer, brown.



While we didn’t make any large purchases, I was excited about my new tactical sling bagJ; however, I was equally disappointed in the selection of carry and conceal purses for ladies. There was only one vendor who carried them… and let’s just say… they were less than stylish. Humn…. Maybe that will make a great future project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment